Saturday, December 02, 2006

Getting in the Spirit of Christmas


I love Christmas. I love the pungent smell of evergreens. I love candles lit softly throughout the house. I love collecting wonderful ornaments. I love the fact that even though there are pagan roots to Christmas, we still can take a stand and declare that, YES!, Christ came to earth, born in a humble manger, grew up to declare the unwavering truth of God's grace, went on to die upon a cross, but still, yep! We actually have a wonderful celebration to declare to the world that Christ is real. So...while you are cleaning the house, or checking out blogs, or shopping via online, here is some Christmas music to cheer you.

Check out the streaming audio of Christmas music
Sufjan Stevens:Christmas

3 Comments:

At 1:30 PM, Blogger missmellifluous said...

I love Christmas too, Candy. It's so exciting! CHristmas carols are great too. Have you started decorating your house yet?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger candy said...

We will start soon. I want to have my grandkids over to make homemade print cards (printmaking and marbling paper), decorate the tree and make cookies. How about you?

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger missmellifluous said...

Today my boys and I made stars and hung them up outside under our verandah. My littlest one made angels, too. We also decorate with fairy lights and flowers - gardenias, agapanthus and christmas bush. We have a lot of candles around the house in the shapes of christmas trees and angels. It is so much more fun decorating with children around isn't it?

Have a great time with your grandchildren. I'd love to see your cards when they are done.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home