Monday, July 03, 2006

Spring, July 3 at Tahoe Meadows

Spring can take awhile in higher elevations in the Sierras. Bruce and I walked one of my favorite nature trails up at Tahoe Meadows. The trail was obliterated in some places by snow. Yep. We still have snow in the upper elevations. I enjoy how spring flowers bloom in the valley in May, sprinkle surrounding hills by late May and June, come out of hiding in higher alpine meadows sometimes as late as August.


Alpine Meadow.



Snow blocking our path.



Snowmelt.

2 Comments:

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Annette Harrison said...

I enjoyed the pictures, Candy, as I could take a little walk in a place far from where I'm at!

We conversed some time ago via e-mail regarding your hikes in Yosemite, and I'm still hoping that maybe someday my husband and I will get out there. If we are ever able to do that, I still have all the information you sent me.

In the meantime, I always enjoy the pictures you share on your blog!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger candy said...

why thanks Annette and nice to have you come by and visit. This year in Yosemite should be beautiful because of all the snow this past winter. Everything should remain lush and green for quite awhile, and the waterfalls full and spectacular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home