Saturday, December 30, 2006

A Long Journey and a Waiting Wife

I have to confess that I have been on the internet a LOT during this Christmas season. My step-son Joshua decided he wants to live out here for awhile and so my hubby flew back to see his family for Christmas and drive back across the country with his son. I didn't go with my husband because A. Couldn't afford it. B. The car would have been too crowded. So, I have excessively been on the internet (except with family at Christmas). When I am not reading certain blogs a couple of times a day, I am checking on the weather across the country. Yesterday (Friday), the boys drove from New Hampshire to Indiana. Today they hope to make Des Moines Iowa. Hopefully they will just miss the snowstorm that is passing through the plains, and tomorrow they will drive through half of Iowa, Nebraska, and southern Wyoming. The next day, if they push it they can make it to Nevada to spend a total of about 13 hours driving through Wyoming, Utah and Nevada. We have a big state. I sure am hoping they push it. I really miss hubby. I know what it is like to do that drive. I did it four years ago. Anyways, hopefully they can get here the first day of the new year. I would like to pray in the new year with my best friend and husband and our new roommate, Joshua. You all have a blessed New Year.

Update: The boys made it to Cheyenne Wyoming after seeing a Nebraska worth of overturned and stranded vehicles in ditches. Meanwhile I am viewing second season 24 episodes on New Years Eve.

3 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

Happy New Year, Candy! I pray that you will be reunited with your hubby soon and that their journey, though long, will be uneventful.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger candy said...

thanks Kim. Especially going through icy snowy Nebraska today!

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whew! That's wonderful! Praise God for His protecting Hand!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home