Saturday, July 15, 2006

Nature Walks and Museum Animals

I am sort of busy so thought I would paste a series of pictures from the last couple of days.

I take families and groups on nature hikes from the museum where I work. We were in a small grove of trees and one of the girls noticed some wildlife. In the crook of the tree, you can barely see an owl checking us out. A few minutes later, another owl flew in to its nest.


Boys checking out gopher snakes on our hike.



Back at the museum, checking out Mace's Caracao cat, Chip. Notice the ears?



Shy Yeti won't even look at me taking his picture.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 AM, Blogger David Cho said...

Your comment on pyro

Question: How do I develop thick skin?
Answer: Work with rebellious teens who have no qualms about finding your deepest weaknesses and announcing said weaknesses to anyone within hearing distance.


LOL!!!

Are those the teens you are talking about in the pics?

You are owed a round of applause.

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger candy said...

I worked with teens in long term shelter situations as a houseparent, did foster parenting, and I taught middle school. So...yeah....I learned to be more thick skinned. :)

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger missmellifluous said...

You have a great job! Museums are great fun, as are nature walks and hikes! That Caracao cat is amazing! So beautiful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home