Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hearty Potato Soup

Rebecca has a potato fest going on at her blog. A good winter soup is my "throw it all together" potato soup. Here goes. I don't measure much.

Hearty Potato Soup

Mash a bunch of potatoes that have been boiled in chicken or vegetable stock.
Add milk to mashed potatoes at whatever consistency you like.

Saute lots of onions, sliced carrots, green beans, garlic, broccoli in a separate pan and add to soup.

Add some butter and a good dollop of sour cream or plain yogurt to soup. I also like to add raw sunflower seeds and let them soften a bit. Add lots of spices like paprika, salt, cayenne pepper and whatever strikes your fancy. Sometimes I add grated cheese.

Add one cold day and enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 5:01 AM, Blogger Kim from Hiraeth said...

MMMmmm. Sounds good! Maybe a little crumbled bacon and green onions on the top?

I'm going to fix this the next time it snows! It's a great recipe because it uses all ingredients I keep onhand at all times! (Well, except the seeds, but I'll probably just leave those out!)

 
At 8:31 AM, Blogger candy said...

I seem to pack my soups full of veggies, sometimes grains, and to my husband's chagrin, sunflower seeds. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home