Sunday, April 29, 2007

Randomness

Iris blessed me with a Thinking Blog Award even though I think I am lazy, lazy, lazy in posting. I love reading other blogs and think they state things much lovelier than I do, so I tend to post about my wanderings. I am catching up today by posting on a number of things I have been thinking about.

  • Howdy! I have been so busy. I just got a new job doing billing at a chiropractor's office and am not used to the hours yet. The chiropractor is a Christian, and it was not quite the job I expected but I am very thankful for a friendly atmosphere in which to work. Hey! my husband and I get free chiropractic care! My husband and I want to pay all our bills and then see what God has for us. We are expecting some changes in where we might live...but that is way down the road. We really want to be a part of a Sovereign Grace Church and even though I keep emailing people who could make it happen, we have not been able to have one start up in my town.
  • My son lent me a DVD about an indie Christian group called Danielson Famile. It consists of a family of siblings who play music and sing together. I have to admit that the lead singer has the weirdest voice. He also dresses up as a tree with hanging fruit to symbolize the Fruits of the Spirit. They hang out with Sufjan Stevens who I really like. I was so surprised that my son totally loved this DVD because he really doesn't want anything to do with God. I am just curious. If you knew you had a 25 year old child who was really cynical about God and yet he liked a DVD of Emergent Christian singers, would you be happy that he responded to something at least or would you be dismayed that he was being drawn to Christians who are part of the Emergent Church? I am as concerned as the next Christian about the trend in Emergent Christianity, but what if my son was drawn to that lifestyle, and God eventually brought him around to a more Biblical way of thinking? I myself was into what I now see were some unhealthy viewpoints of Christianity for a long time, and God still drew me into a deeper understanding of theology and a Reformed stance in my Christianity. I have to confess that I get hopeful over even a glimmer of appreciation for something Christian from my son. I liked parts of the DVD. Actually I liked watching Sufjan Stevens sing most of all. I am thankful my son dropped the DVD off so that I could watch it. I am glad he thought I might enjoy it. My son is getting more artsy all the time, just like me. :)
  • If you haven't watched the video of Together for the Gospel, Reflections 2006 ,you should check it out. I hope my husband can go next year. T4G video
  • If you go to the Sovereign Grace Ministries music page, you can click on the right side where it says Sovereign Grace Radio, and listen to the Valley of Vision CD while you browse on your computer.
UPDATE ON THE BABY OWLS
  • The baby owls are growing by leaps and bounds. Their grayish/white fluffy faces are turning into brownish outlines around their bright yellow eyes and it is fun to watch them perched on the edge of their large twiggy nest staring at us staring at them. They whistle and mom is perched nearby keeping watch over them and who-hooing ever so often. There is also a nest not that far away with a couple of Red Tail Hawks. I love Spring and the twittering, busy birds feathering their nests and flying all over the place.
BOOK MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME


). What characters do you wish were real so you could meet them.

  • Atticus from To Kill a Mockingbird and can't think of anyone else.


2). You would like to be.


  • Mowgli of the Jungle
  • Huck Finn
  • the girl from Island of the Dolphins
3). Who scares you.

I am with Rebecca. The witch from the Wizard of Oz, movie version

1 Comments:

At 10:36 PM, Blogger missmellifluous said...

Hi Candy, speaking of randomness, if you would like to do the 7 Random Things meme, please do. I'd love to read your answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home